Interest free loans for solar and solar batteries – Queensland – NOW OPEN!
Commence QLD Battery grant and interest free loan process
We will be providing interest-free loans for solar systems and battery storage as part of the Affordable Energy Plan. This will help households and small businesses purchase these systems, allowing them to take control of their electricity consumption and access more affordable electricity.
Funding for the program is capped and places will be limited. It will help 5,000 customers, with around 3,500 solar assistance packages and 1,500 battery assistance packages being made available.
The program will be released in two stages:
- interest-free loans for solar systems, available in June 2018
- interest-free loans and grants for systems with battery storage, available in late 2018.
The Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority will administer the loans and grants. Pre-registration is not available.
You will only be able to apply for one solar and/or battery assistance package.
Loans for solar systems
In order to apply for an interest-free loan for rooftop solar systems, you must:
- be a homeowner
- receive Family Tax Benefit Part B, and
- have electricity costs at your home of more than $1,000 over the past six (6) months.
Full eligibility criteria will be made available when the scheme commences in June 2018.
Loans and grants for systems with battery storage
In late 2018, loans and grants for systems with battery storage will be available to:
- add an eligible battery system to an existing solar system, or
- install a new combined solar and battery system.
Small businesses can also apply for the grant, but will not be eligible for an interest-free loan.