South Australians are perfect candidates for investing in Energy Storage Solutions (ESS) such as the Tesla Powerwall and taking advantage of the efficient and excellent quality Solar Systems available on the market in Australia.
Other than the rebates already in place through Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) which reduce the cost of solar systems down by $3500-8500, South Australian home-owners are eligible for additional incentives provided by their South Australian State Government through the Sustainable City Incentives Scheme which has been available sine July 1, 2015.
The Sustainable City Incentives Scheme makes a Tesla Powerwall and Solar System in South Australia even more affordable as the Adelaide City Council is providing reimbursements for the installation of certain energy devices.
Subject to funding availability, the Sustainable City Incentives Scheme will provide up to:
- $5,000 for installing solar PV
- $5,000 for installing energy storage
- $500 per electric vehicle charging controller
- $120 for installing an energy monitoring system
The Adelaide City Council website states that the below incentives are available for Solar Systems:
- Photovoltaic systems from 1.5kW and up to and including 10kW capacity are eligible to receive 20% of the installed system cost up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Photovoltaic systems of more than 10kW up to and including 20kW are eligible to receive 20% of the installed cost of the system up to a maximum of $2,500.
- Photovoltaic systems greater than 20kW capacity are eligible to receive 20% of the installed cost of the system up to a maximum of $5000.
And for Energy Storage Systems such as the Tesla Powerwall, the website states:
Energy storage systems coupled with an onsite solar photovoltaic system are eligible for up to 50% of the installed system cost to a maximum of $5,000.
The energy storage rebate is based on deliverable energy from the system, to be calculated using the following formula:
Rebate = kWh discharge per cycle (at manufacturer’s depth of discharge) x lifetime discharge cycles (EOL 80%) x $0.15/kWh
Installation of energy storage systems may impact on your solar PV feed-in and electricity network demand tariffs. It is recommended applicants contact their electricity retailer or SA Power Networks prior to purchase to determine any impacts.
Now is the perfect time to get a Tesla Powerwall and Solar System installed by Natural Solar. Get your hands on a Tesla Powerwall quote within 60 seconds by filling out the online quote form below!