Get your Tesla Powerwall 2 quote in 60 seconds!
Introducing The Tesla Powerwall 2
The next evolution in home energy storage is here! The Tesla Powerwall 2 announced today by Elon Musk at the Tesla event in California will be coming into the market in 2017 with an incredible 14kWh of battery storage, double it’s version 1 predecessor.
The second generation of the Tesla Powerwall, Powerwall 2, is a battery primarily designed to store the excess power generated from solar panels for use at night time when the sun is not shining and also to provide the home backup power during blackouts and brownouts.
Powerwall 2’s supported applications are:
- Maximising solar self-consumption
- Time of use load shifting
- Provide backup power
- Be used in Off-Grid solutions
Cycled daily, the Powerwall 2 with its whopping 14kWh of battery storage has enough energy storage to power a typical 4 bedroom family home for the night and well into the morning. This allows homeowners to virtually go off-grid, paying mere peanuts to their energy retailers for the little energy, if any, that would be purchased from the grid. With a single Powerwall 2, you could power a typical 2 bedroom home for the entire day and night free from grid power utilising only your solar and Powerwall 2.
Powerwall 2 is a sleek, compact, stackable unit with a built-in inverter which is able to be mounted on the floor or on the wall, indoors or outdoors.
Tesla Powerwall 2 Specs
- Usable Capacity: 13.5 kWh
- Depth of Discharge: 100%
- Efficiency: 90% round-trip
- Power: 7kW peak / 5kW continuous
- Supported Applications: Solar self-consumption, Time of use load shifting, Backup, Off grid
- Warranty: 10 years
- Scalable: Up to 9 Powerwalls
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C
- Dimensions: L x W x D: 44″ x 29″ x 5.5″(1150mm x 755mm x 155mm)
- Weight: 264.4 lb / 110 kg
- Installation: Floor or wall mounted, Indoor or outdoor
- Certification: UL and IEC certified, Grid code compliant
- Compatibility: Single phase and three phase power supply compatible.
Powerwall 2 will be available for installation as early as February 2017!
The Tesla Powerwall 2 is the most affordable home battery in terms of cost per kWh. Powerwall 2 economically meets the daily needs of the average family household.
Powerwall 2 has a long life due to its liquid thermal control system regulating Powerwall’s internal temperature to maximise battery performance in even the harshest Australian climates.
To top it off, Powerwall 2 also has in integrated internal inverter to convert DC energy to AC energy which is what your household runs on, which lowers the cost of installation and complexity of installation.
Interested in utilising solar power and energy storage for your business? Get a Tesla Powerpack 2 quote.
More images of Powerwall 2